Saturday, June 27, 2009

Lots and Lots of bug bites.

Wow! I feel so blessed by God. He showed himself in so many ways this past week, especially through my host family. Countless times they would sacrifice what luxuries they had for Taylor and I. One thing they did for us every hot and humid night was give us their only fan. We can't thank them enough for everything they did. God also blessed me through the music, but first I'll tell a little bit about the hike.

It was actually much better than I thought it would be. I stayed hydrated and actually sweated through my shirt!!!! I guess I live up to my Weller/Kibler name now! Once we got there we had to wait until after the kids clud to eat lunch, so I ended up getting a bit of a head ache. It didn't last too long though. Speaking of the lunch, they forgot to bring us forks, so we had to eat it with plastic eggs. For dessert we had mangos and they were sooooooooo good. All of the kids there were well behaved and quiet, but I think that's because they were shy and too busy staring at the gringos. On the way back I did a bug bite count. I stopped counting after 200. The whole trip was really fun and I was so glad we had to opportunity to go.

After hearing the many songs that the hondurans sing from memory in church, I promised myself that I would learn at least one of them. Being Jon's sister, I never stop hearing him play the guitar when we're home and it's become a familiar and comforting sound to me. I realized about halfway through the week that I really wanted to hear it again. On Friday night, our last night with the host families, both of those prayers were answered. Jose, one of the sons of our host families, knew how to play the guitar and brought his home that night. Along with teaching Taylor and I h0w to sing Open the Eyes of My Heart, he taught us two songs that they sing in church. I could have listened to that guitar all night. The 14 year old daughter, Sandy, wrote down the lyrics (mostly for me since I hardly know any spanish) and before we went to bed handed us a book of song lyrics that she had written down. I know I started to tear up at that part. Saying good-bye to my host family was very hard and I know that I'll stay in touch.

I'm excited for church tomorrow and can't wait to come home on Monday.
I miss you Mom and Dad! XOXOXOXO (Mom, be prepared for a HUGH laundry load on Monday.)
-Corinne Weller (Not Chad)

1 comment:

  1. Over 200 bug bites! Holy cow! I will pray that they will not cause you discomfort. Thanks for sharing your adventures. Living with your brother must keep you in stitches!

    ReplyDelete